3.30.2009

Why

I've contemplated this blogging thing for a while. Friends say, "You're a writer, why don't you blog?" or better yet, "Why don't you blog, pull some ads and make some money?" I hesitated. I had internal discourses about lacking a niche and creating something of literary value, or running out of clever things to say, or sounding too contrived, or being even more narcissistic than I already am. Then I arrived in Vermont.

It is here on my first day of my writer's residency in the woods of Johnson, Vermont, that I decided to give this blogging thing a go. Here, where I am supposed to focus on writing my thesis for the next month, frantically examining, reexamining, writing and rewriting about myself, yes here, in the most pretentious of literary settings (a writer's colony in my own private studio named after Jane Austin), this is where I decided I will write about myself some more and then I will post it for the reading pleasure of everyone I think loves me or is interested. Better yet, I'll write about how I'll be doing nothing but writing. No niche, pure narcissism. 

Enjoy. Or rip on me. I like banter.

1 comment: